Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is a Colour Challenge. Using Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Cajun Craze & Mossy Meadow, the Design Team has created some great projects that you will all want to see. We hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I continue to sloooowwwwly recover from my ACL replacement surgery. I am excited to be able to join the Pals Blog Hop again this month! I love fall, the colours, the smells, the change in weather, sweater weather, all of it! When I saw the colours for the blog hop, my mind nearly exploded with excitement. I went & grabbed all my fall themed stamps, dies, embossing folders, etc! When I started crafting, I have to admit, I didn’t think the Happier Than Happy bundle would be the main focus of my fall themed card. The sample I decided to use has a long supply list to demonstrate how well Stampin’ Up! products coordinate with each other. I love how it all came together. Bonus, it’s a Fun Fold card!
Step by Step Tutorial
– Begin with a 4 ¼ x 11 card base of thick Basic White card stock; scored at 5 ½ & 6 ¾ using a Paper Trimmer.
– Use a bone folder to burnish the score marks. Then use adhesive of choice (I used Tear & Tape for a little extra hold), to make the “spine” of the book.
– Use a Paper Trimmer to cut
Basic White card stock to 4 x 4
He’s the Man DSP to 1 x 4
– Run the 4 x 4 piece of Basic White card stock through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Leaf Fall 3D embossing folder; position it so there is a “blank space” for a sentiment.
– Stamp sentiment in Cajun Craze; I used the “hello” sentiment from the Soft Seedling stamp set.
– Adhere the He’s the Man DSP to the “spine” of the card using adhesive of choice (I used Tombow liquid glue).
– Adhere the embossed Basic White 4 x 4 card stock to the “front” of the card using adhesive of choice (I used Tombow liquid glue).
– On a scrap piece of Basic White card stock, stamp the fox from the Happier Than Happy stamp set using Cajun Craze ink, I stamped it off to soften the colour
– Run the stamped fox through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the coordinating Happy Forest dies
– On a scrap piece of Basic White card stock, run it through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Tree Rings EF & dies.
– Using a sponge dauber & Crumb Cake ink, ink up one of the die cut larger tree rings.
– On a scrap piece of Basic White card stock, use a Blending brush & Mango Melody ink, create your own “coloured” card stock; try not to make it too uniform.
– Run the Mango Melody handmade card stock through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the leaf from the Aspen Tree dies. You will need 3 leaves.
– Use a sponge dauber to ink up the die cut leaves using both Crumb Cake & Cajun Craze ink
– Run a scrap piece of Mossy Meadow through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the 2 trees from the Happy Forest dies.
– Run a scrap piece of Crumb Cake through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the acorn from the Happy Forest dies.
– Adhere the 3 Mango Melody leaves to the back of the Tree Ring using Tombow liquid glue.
– Adhere the 2 Mossy Meadow trees to the front of the Tree Ring using Tombow liquid glue.
– Adhere the die cut fox to the Tree Ring using dimensionals.
– Adhere the assembled fall scene to the card front using dimensionals.
– Adhere the Crumb Cake acorn to the “spine” using Fine Tip glue.
– Add a little bling using the Brushed Metallic Dots
– To dress up the envelope, I used He’s the Man DSP to the flap of the envelope then fussy cut it
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 9th when the theme will be Home for the Holidays.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb …
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping ←You are here
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies