Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is “CASE the Catalogue” so the Design Team chose a card from the new Annual Catalogue & has CASEd it with their own creative twist. We really hope that you are inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
When I heard what the June theme was going to be, I was excited to dig into the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue to find the sample I would CASE (Copy And Share Everything). For those who follow me on Instagram, you know I love to CASE samples! After flagging too many samples in the Annual Catalogue, I finally settled down on the 3 x 3 sample found on page 12. I love making 3 x 3 cards, they are quick, easy & fun! With this sample in mind, I used it as a template for my cards. I have a a few bonus samples to show you how easy it is to mix it up.
Step by Step Tutorial
– Begin with a 6″ x 3″ card base of thick Basic White card stock; scored at 3″ using a Paper Trimmer
– Use a Paper Trimmer to cut
Sahara Sand card stock to 2 ¾ x 2 ¾
Happy Forest Friends DSP to 2 ¾ x 1 ¼
– On a scrap piece of Basic White card stock, stamp the owl from the Happier Than Happy stamp set using Early Espresso ink
– Run the stamped owl through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the coordinating Happy Forest dies
– Adhere the Happy Forest Friends DSP strip to the Sahara Sand card stock using adhesive of choice (I used Tombow); aligning it towards the bottom.
– Adhere the Saraha Sand card stock to the card base using adhesive of choice (again I used Tombow)
– Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso; I used a sentiment from the new Nature’s Prints stamp set
– Adhere the die cut owl to the card front using Dimensionals
– I went back & forth about adding additional bling but decided to leave it clean & simple. But you could easily add a subtle accessory.
– For the final touch, adhere a scrap piece of Happy Forest Friends DSP to an envelope flap using adhesive of choice (Tombow) then fussy cut it.
Below are a few other samples following the same template.
I created a subtle background using Versamark ink on Sahara Sand card stock
I used the Nature’s Prints stamp set & coordinating Sun Prints DSP. The sentiment is from the Happier Than Happy stamp set.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on July 13th. Our theme will be “Create Your Own Background” when our Design Team creates a background using any technique they wish, such as stencils, stamping, watercolor, embossing but not DSP.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping ←You are here
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja