Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Birthday Bash. We really hope that you enjoy & will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, we would appreciate your comments because we enjoy hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
It was really hard to hone in on what stamp set I wanted to use for the Birthday Bash blog hop; so many great choices to pick from. I ended up selecting Brave Vikings because the minute I saw it in the mini Jan-June catalogue I fell in love with the stamp set. Scroll to the end to see more samples using this fun stamp set. The Simply Marbleous DSP (Desingers Series Paper) is FREE during Sale-a-bration with qualifiting $50 orders.
January 4 – February 28
Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration gifts at the $50 & $100 levels (total before shipping & tax). No limit to how many gifts you can earn based on increments of $50 or $100.
Step by Step Tutorial
– Begin with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base of Basic White Thick card stock; scored at the 4 ¼ mark using a Paper Trimmer
– Use a Paper Trimmer to cut
Pale Papaya cardstock to 3 ⅞ x 5 ⅛
Basic Grey cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5
Simply Marbleous DSP 2 ¼ x 4 ¾ (FREE Sale-a-bration item with $50 purchase)
– Adhere the Pale Papaya cardstock to the Basic White card base using adhesive of choice (I used liquid Tombow glue)
– Run the piece of Basic Grey cardstock through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder
– Adhere the dry embossed Basic Grey cardstock to the Pale Papaya layer
– Adhere the Simply Marbleous DSP to the Basic Grey layer; aligning it more towards the top
– Run a piece of New Horizons DSP using the largest Layering Circle die (3″) through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
– Stamp the viking from the Brave Vikings stamp set in Memento Ink onto a piece of Basic White cardstock.
– Colour the Viking using Stamping Blends.
– Run the coloured viking through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the 2 ⅞ Layering Circle die
– Adhere the viking circle to the New Horizon DSP circle using adhesive of choice
– Adhered the layered circles to the card base using Stampin’ Dimentionals
– Stamp the sentiment from the Brave Vikings stamp set in Memento Ink onto a piece of ¾ x 2 ½ Basic White cardstock; then punch one side using the Banners Pick a Punch punch
– Adhere the punched sentiment onto the cardbase using Stampin’ Dimentionals
– For an added subtle bling I used a touch of Wink of Stell on the blade of his sword & a Brushed Metallic Dot to the shield
A few other samples using the Brave Vikings stamp set can be seen after the blog hop line up below; just keep scrolling down.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 9th. Our theme will be Cute Critters where our Design Team creates a project with any kind of animals, birds, butterflies or insects.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping ← You are here
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations