Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop in 2022! This month, the theme is Sale-A-Bration. We really hope that you enjoy & will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Happy New Year & good bye to 2021!
Whelp, I did it. I took the cheeriest dies & Designers Series Paper (DSP) & made a sympathy card. 30+ years of being an oncology nurse does bring out the darkside… I make cards for a local mailpost store. The owner is always asking for pet sympathy cards. As soon as I saw all the rainbows in the new mini catalogue & Sale-A-Bration (SAB) brochure, I knew exactly how I was going to use them. Scroll to the bottom for more samples.
Step by Step Tutorial
– Begin with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base of Basic White Thick card stock
– Use a Paper Trimmer to cut a piece of Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper to 3 ¾ x 5
– Run the largest Brilliant Rainbow die through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to crop the following colours of cardstock: Petal Pink, Pale Papaya, So Saffron & Soft Seafoam
– Time to make your rainbow by adhering the die cut coloured cardstock to the DSP card base with adhesive of choice (I like to use the liquid Tombow glue)
– Adhere the card front to the card base using adhesive of choice (again, I used the liquid Tombow glue)
– Stamp the sentiment from the Special Moments stamp set in Versamark Ink onto a piece of Basic White cardstock. Cover with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder & set with a Heat Tool.
– Punch out the sentiment using the Cloud punch
– Adhere the sentiment cloud using Stampin’ Dimensionals
– For an added touch of subtle bling, use a few Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels
For the next sample, I used the same recipe but instead of using the Sunshine & Rainbows DSP, I used the Simply Marbleous DSP. Both sets of DSP & the Special Moments stamp set are all part of the Sale-A-Bration event. Sale-A-Bration is one of Stampin’ Up!’s most exciting promotions of the year, running through February 28, 2022. During Sale-A-Bration, you can earn FREE product with qualifying orders of $50 or $100.
For the final sample, I used the same recipe. But instead of using the soft subtle colours, I went with a more cheery colour set using Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody & Flirty Flamingo cardstock to build the rainbow. The sentiment is from the After the Storm stamp set in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalogue. I stamped it in Basic Grey ink then using my Stamparatus, I stamped it again in Versamark Ink, covered it with Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder & set with a Heat Tool. Then punched it out with the Cloud Punch & adhered using Dimensionals.
Which is your favourite??
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 9th. Our theme will be Birthday Bash when our team creates birthday projects to celebrate our family & friends.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping ← You are here
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’