Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, our blog hop team made projects to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week, which is February 14-20! We hope you will be inspired by all the beautiful creations the Pals made for you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
So many think of February as a month of love & hearts for Valentines day. However, I am not much a fan for the holiday. When I read the theme of Random Acts of Kindness, I thought of those who help others. I see so much kindness & giving in our local community. I think those who constantly give should also be the recipient of a random act of kindness on occasion. That is what inspired my simple but elegant card.
Step by Step Tutorial
– Begin with a 5 ½ x 8 ½ card base of thick Basic White cardstock; scored at the 4 ¼ using a Paper Trimmer
– Use the Paper Trimmer to cut
Distressed Gold DSP to 3 ¼ x 5 ½
Perfectly Penciled DSP to 4 x 5 ½
– Adhere the Perfectly Penciled DSP to the card base using adhesive of choice (I used Tombow liquid glue).
– Layer the Distressed Gold DSP on top of the Perfectly Penciled DSP using adhesive of choice (I used Tombow liquid glue).
– On a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the bee image from the Queen Bee stamp set using black Memento ink (or black Staz-On ink).
– Run the stamped bee image through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Queen Bee dies. Then, adhere to card base using dimensionals.
– On a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment in black Memento ink. I used a sentiment from the Something Fancy stamp set.
– Run the sentiment through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Beautiful Shapes dies. Then, adhere to card base using dimensionals.
– Run scrap vellum cardstock through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Beautiful Shapes dies (x3). Then run them through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Hive 3D EF (embossing folder).
– Adhere the 3 die cut/embossed vellum to the card front using Tombow liquid glue.
– Place Adhesive Sheet to scrap Basic Black cardstock. Then run through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Queen Bee dies (x3). Peel off the back of the Adhesive Sheet & place on card front. Keep 3 of the punched out hexagons & adhere to the sentiment hexagon.
– Run a scrap piece of Distressed Gold DSP through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the tiny tiny heart from the Queen Bee dies. Adhere using glue of choice (I used Tombow liquid glue) to the body of the bee.
– To dress up the envelope, I glued Perfectly Penciled DSP to the flap of the envelope then fussy cut it.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 8th, when our theme will be Party Time, showcasing cards/projects that celebrate our family & friends.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping ←You are here
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose