Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, our blog hop theme is Party Time! We hope you will be inspired by all the beautiful creations the Pals made for you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I was recently inspired by my coworker & wanted to celebrate her & her hard work. On a clinic day, in our busy oncology clinic, 5 of the 6 nurses were out either on holiday or due to illness. The lone nurse had to run the clinic, manage the phone, pager, fax, emails, etc solo. She did an amazing job juggling it all & she did so with a smile on her face. I wanted to make a card to celebrate her. She loves food with faces & loves avocados. Naturally, the Taco Fiesta stamp set was the first stamp set that came to mind.
Step by Step Tutorial
– Begin with a 5 ½ x 8 ½ card base of Parakeet Party cardstock; scored at the 4 ¼ using a Paper Trimmer
– Use the Paper Trimmer to cut
Basic White to 3 ⅞ x 5 ⅛
2022-2024 In Colour Glimmer Paper to 3 ¾ x 5
Basic Black to 2 x 3 ¾
Basic White to 1 ¾ x 3 ¾
– On a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the avocado image from the Taco Fiesta stamp set using black Memento ink.
– On the 1 ¾ x 3 ¾ piece of Basic White strip, stamp the avocado image x2 & guacamole bowl from the Taco Fiesta stamp set using black Memento ink.
– Colour 3 avocados & the guac bowl using Stampin’ Blends.
Dark Crumb Cake for the thin skin layer of the avocado
Light & Dark Soft Suede for the avocado seed
Light & Dark Parakeet Party for the avocado & guac
Light Granny Apple Green for detail on the guac
Light & Dark Smoky Slate for the guac bowl
– Layer the stamped & coloured Basic White paper on top of the Basic Black paper using Tombow liquid glue. Then adhere to the Glimmer Paper using Stampin’ Seal. Trim up the edges as needed.
– Layer the Glimmer paper on top of the Basic White paper using Tombow liquid glue.
– Adhere the layered Glimmer paper to the card base using Dimensionals.
– Fussy cut the coloured avocado from the scrap piece of Basic White paper. Then, adhere using Dimensionals.
– On a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment in black Memento ink. I masked off the words “it’s your birthday” before inking it up, then removed the mask before stamping.
* pro tip- use Masking Paper (155480) from the annual catalogue*
– Run the sentiment through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Conversation Bubble dies.
– Run a scrap piece of Basic Black through a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Conversation Bubble dies.
– Stack the 2 bubble die cut outs & attach to the card front using Dimensionals. Make sure the Dimensionals on the back side touch both the black & white paper.
– The inside sentiment is from Waves of Inspiration stamp set.
– To dress up the envelope, I glued 2022-2024 In Colour DSP to the flap of the envelope then fussy cut it.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 12th, when our theme will be Flowers in the Garden, showcasing cards/projects with flowers.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping ←You are here
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts